Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
With the All State Career Expanded Functions Dental Assisting courses in MD and PA, you can earn the skills and knowledge to help assist the dentist chairside. Work in the operating room or treatment room while the dentist is performing patient procedures. Learn how to prepare dental impressions and restorative materials, evacuate debris from oral cavities, and prepare the instrument tray and anesthesia setups.
Oral healthcare workers with an understanding of the expanded functions in dental assisting often enjoy higher compensation, more recognition, and additional responsibilities compared to dental assistants without EFDA training.
Dental assistant work today is about more than just checking teeth for cavities, inspecting gums for gingivitis, and performing routine procedures like cleaning teeth and taking x-rays. Those dental assistants who are able to list “Expanded Functions” on their résumés have an edge with many employers. When you study expanded functions dental assisting at All-State, you can get that edge too! The courses that make up our program are based on these functions, as detailed below.
Categories of Expanded Functions
A breakdown of the EFDA categories will help you understand how classes are organized.
- Biomedical sciences
- Emergency management
- Computer software applications, including applications to organize x-rays, other types of imaging, patient histories, and other important information
- Dental software applications
- Prosthodontics, medical/dental health histories, and dental charting
- Radiation health and safety during x-rays
- Restorative dentistry and specialties
- Vitals, pharmacology, office procedures, and dental law and ethics
Opt for All-State as Your Choice: Accredited and Staffed with Experienced Instructors
All-State brings you dedicated instructors whose mission is to support you with quality education and career services professionals whose mission is to provide employment assistance services upon graduation. Services include:
- Teaching different interview tactics so you will have more than one way to introduce yourself to employers that have different company cultures, from formal to relaxed
- Assistance filling out applications and writing résumés
- Providing job leads and holding career fairs to give students the opportunity to meet HR managers who recruit dental assistants from All-State
- Help preparing for both in-person and phone job interviews to increase confidence and reduce anxiety
For more information about our EFDA dental program, use the “Contact Us” form, or the live online chat option for an immediate response.
Frequently asked questions
Who is All State Career?
All-State Career School provides postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of diploma and degree programs that assist adult students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities.
All-State Career School strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education.
What are the admission requirements?
To qualify for admissions, in most cases you must be a high school graduate or its equivalent. All applicants are required to complete a personal information sheet. During a personal interview with our admissions staff, we will review your career goals to help you find the right program to fit your needs.
Every individual will be given the opportunity to tour the facility, meet with Financial Aid, and enroll in the next available classes. Please contact your local campus Admission advisor for more information on admission requirements.
How much does the program cost?
Tuition varies from program and campus. Speak with an admissions advisor for more details.
Is financial aid available?
You've got obligations and responsibilities already, so financing your education is going to be a real concern. At All State Career, we understand that. That's why we help our students to learn about government and private loans and other financial aid options that are available to those who qualify to help finance the cost of building the foundation for your new career.
- We work every day with working adults and career changers who have complex financial situations, and get them the information to help them to determine the financing for their education that will work the best for them.
- We have financial aid offices on every campus so students can continue to find and act on important information they need to continue on their path to success
- We are flexible and pragmatic in our approach. Our instructors, counselors, professors, and staff understand and will work with you if it becomes difficult to keep up your studies or if you need time off.
Does All State Career help me find a job after graduation?
At All State Career, our Career Services professionals are committed to successfully supporting our graduates to secure employment in entry-level positions. Through career development, including professionalism, motivation, resume development, dress for success, interview coaching and the maintenance of ethical standards, we empower our graduates with the skills necessary to approach a job interview ready for success.
All State operates a Career Services Center at each campus to assist graduates with career placement. All State Career provides lifetime graduate employment assistance. As graduation approaches, students get the opportunity to meet with the Director of Career Services during their last semester to discuss career services available for their individual job search. As a graduate, you will want employment that reflects your skills, training, and allows for professional growth and development. Career Services is committed to helping you find the right fit for you.
Is All State Career accredited?
If you’re looking for accredited colleges or vocational schools, you have come to the right place! While each campus varies in program offerings and specific programmatic accreditations, all are institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
See each school's campus page or click on the CONSUMER INFO button on the right to view individual campus or programmatic accreditations.
Programs vary by state and campus. Not all programs are offered at all locations. Contact local campus for accreditation information.