Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
If you're looking for quality dental assistant schools in Maryland and Pennsylvania, consider the Expanded Functions Dental Assisting program at All-State. Also known as oral healthcare workers, professionals with an expanded functions dental assistant certification can enjoy increased pay, recognition and responsibilities.
As a graduate of this program, you'll receive a degree or diploma and have the skills you need to land an entry-level career in expanded functions dental assisting.
Courses in this program:
- Biomedical Sciences and Management of Emergencies
- Computer Software Applications
- Expanded Function Dental Software Applications
- Prosthodontics, Medical/Dental Health Histories and Dental Charting
- Radiation Health and Safety and Orthodontics
- Restorative Dentistry and Specialties
- Vitals, Pharmacology, Office Procedures and Dental Law and Ethics
- Achieve a minimum attendance of 85%
- Complete 160 hours of externship at an assigned site
- Overall grade point average of at least 2.0 in all required courses
- Successfully complete all of the required courses with a grade of 60% or better
When it comes to choosing an EFDA dental school, we understand you have options. That's why the dedicated instructors at All-State make it their mission to help support you after graduation with employment assistance services, which include:
- Interview techniques and interpersonal relations instruction
- Job leads, classroom presentations and career fairs
- Training on how to ask for an interview by telephone
- Training on how to fill out employment applications
For more information about our expanded function course for dental assistants, contact All-State using the form above.